Carry out the assessments and ensure the implementation, day-to-day management and control of the technical part of projects in the Energy (and HVAC if relevant) domain plus Biomed activities including repairs, maintenance of equipment and planning of biomed orders in accordance with MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the project and the infrastructures and efficient use of systems and equipment.
• In collaboration with his/her managers, provide support and guidance to the field staff in order to ensure that all electrical (and HVAC if relevant) installations comply with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and the preventive and corrective maintenance is done accordingly.
• Carry out evaluations, feasibility and detailed studies of the project to present hierarchical superiors different possible solutions to the difficulties encountered in his/her area of specialization, namely the installation, construction and commissioning of electrical (and HVAC if relevant) installations. In direct contact with staff, identify project needs and manage responses of requests by establishing priorities.
• Provide support to the teams in the field in the energy (and HVAC if relevant) domain and assist in the training of project technicians to make them autonomous for preventive maintenance, basic troubleshooting and small jobs. Ensuring that technicians are able to implement safely procedure for themselves and users.
• Guides and supports the field teams to define and implement preventive and corrective maintenance procedures
• Raises the awareness on energy use for all staff and advices on strategies to improve energy efficiency of the site.
• Provide training for technicians on appropriate use and maintenance of existing and new installations.
• Act as an itinerant support of the mission implementing proposed solutions when needed and provide managers with duly documented technical advice.
• If necessary, defines procedures and / or protocols for the proper functioning of the electrical (and HVAC if rele-vant) installations in the field.
• Performs regular inspections of the interventions and condition of the electrical (and HVAC if relevant) installations.
• Participates in the evaluation of local actors and ensures the quality of services and supplies.
• Checks and advises on international orders for consumables and replacement equipment.
• Ensures the management of stocks and equipment in his/her specialty area at mission level
• Ensures that all design, operating and maintenance documentation is up to date (report, asset management tool, diagrams and layouts, consumption reports, power assessments, cooling and heating need assessments).
• Ensure that the right equipment and electrical tools are in place and correctly used.
• Defining procedures and managing the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and correct functioning of the biomedical workshop, including spare parts, technical documentations, tools, etc. including the following tasks:
• Organising and participating in the installation and replacement of the equipment and following up the different maintenance contracts (propose renewal before they expire)
• Identifying the equipment requiring after sale services and ensuring their return in medical services. Performing fault diagnosis, curative and preventive maintenance, annual diagnosis and certification for those items of equipment for which specialised training has been received
• Participating in the assessment of local suppliers and ensuring a good supply of spare parts from them
• Managing inventory of spare parts and back-up equipment at mission level and checking and advising on international orders for consumables and spare parts.
• Managing the biomed technicians at the level of the project and elaborating their activities planning and in close coordination with HR department, planning and supervising the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility
• Acting as a technical referent and providing assistance to project Biomedical Technicians when maintenance work requires further assistance, documentation or additional tools. Taking the lead in organising user training where required
• Ensuring the proper documentation, filing and the compilation of the installation and maintenance done or required as well as defining functioning standards and monitoring systems
• Monitoring and managing biomed fleet renewal plans and making recommendations for upgrading and replacing of biomed equipment
Performing delegated tasks as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager
Stress Management, Results and Quality Orientation, Behavioural Flexibility,