Support the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities.
Among others, support and collaborate with the Medical Coordinator in defining, leading and coordinating the entire medical scope of the mission, according to MSF standards, policies, protocols and values, in order to ensure the quality of the medical care given to the population at risk and thus improving their overall health and living conditions.
Fully assumes the medical coordinator responsibilities in case of absence.
- Support the medical coordinator to define, monitor and update the medical content of the MSF country policy and annual plan, by scanning health needs through exploratory missions and implementation of health information system, elaborating, monitoring and reviewing project proposals, determining, necessary resources in order to cover medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk.
- At the request of the Medical Coordinator, represent MSF before third parties concerning medical issues, ensuring its good public image and the alignment with the mission interests:
- Ensuring regular contact with local authorities and institutions, other humanitarian organizations in the country and other MSF sections, for a better coordination in the implementation of health projects and programs.
- Negotiating with the authorities when necessary.
- Informing on MSF charter, values and principles.
- Participate and contribute in the definition and update of the country policy, annual plan and budgets in order to develop the projects and programmes aimed at addressing humanitarian issues at stake ensuring its efficiency and quality.
- Monitoring the project(s) implementation.
- Assisting the project coordinator and the medical teams in drafting the project proposal and follow-up.
- Participating together with the Medical Coordinator in the definition and follow-up of medical staff needs, other medical resources needed, and budgeting.
- Collaborating and assisting in the production of medical reports.
- Identifying priority needs, other potential areas of action, and emergency situations.
- Coach, train and motivate the teams in the mission in order to align all field staff with MSF values and ethics, and ensuring their capability to carry out their job achieving MSF quality standards:
- Ensuring proper induction of all MSF Staff.
- Carrying out medical briefings and debriefings.
- Identifying training needs for medical staff.
- Identifying personnel showing potential.
- Supervising and carrying out technical evaluations.
- Promoting strict follow-up of MSF values and ethics by all staff and identifying any possible issue regarding this matter.
- Participate and contribute in the update and follow up of medical activities in Peshawar Women’s Hospital and CL clinics and other upcoming projects.
- Collaborate, together with logistics and according to project needs, in the pharmacy management in order to ensure enough and quality supply of drugs and medical material.
- Reviewing medical orders.
- Supervising the monitoring of medicines consumption and stock levels of the different projects.
- Assist defining and implementing the staff health and security policies for international and national staff in order to ensure its overall safety.
- Ensures the Medical Coordination in the Mission and fully assumes the Medical Coordinator’s tasks and responsibilities in case of absence/gaps.
Medical Assisting, Medical Affairs, Report Writting,