Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare.
MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation (www.msf.org).
We are seeking qualified and highly motivated applicants for: Timergara Lower Dir project.
NURSE ANAESTHETIST Reserve Pool
Organize and carry out Anesthetist medical activities, according to MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in close collaboration with the Gynecologists / surgeon and other medical staff, and increase the knowledge and practical skills of the Anesthetist staff through on the job training and knowledge transfer in order to ensure the quality of care provided to patients.
- Assist/carry out pre-operative consultations and deciding the type of Anesthetist to be used, in order to ensure the best conditions prior to the surgery. Carry-out all Anesthetist related activities during surgery
- Preparing beforehand the drugs, material, and equipment required.
- Administering and maintaining Anesthetist following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
- Monitoring patients throughout the intervention.
- Ensure transfer of patients to the recovery room, and full recovery of the patient’s consciousness and setting analgesic protocol.
- Advise on Postoperative care in both OT and wards.
- Implement and supervise hygiene rules, procedures and MSF protocols in OT/recovery, Anesthetist material (decontamination, sterilization, storage conditions, etc.).
- Supervise the OT Anesthetist pharmacy and ensure OT register, consumptions, empty vials of narcotics, ensuing adequate stock is maintained.
- Ensure good functioning and maintenance of OT equipment.
- Collaborate with other departments in the project and participate in any emergency activity or exploratory mission.
- Ensure proper fulfillment of administrative procedures and documents.
Qualification & Experience:
- Nurse with anesthesia specialty and valid PNC registration Essential
- Previous experience would be an advantage Desirable
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good communication skills in English and Pashto / Urdu Essential
- Good knowledge of Lower Dir community and culture Desirable
Registered Nurse, Pursuing News Stories, Anesthesiology,