In close collaboration with the Project Medical Referent, supervising the implementation of patient support activities according to MSF/PTP protocols, standards and procedures in order to empower the patients and their families/attendants in the management of their illness and treatment, beyond the purely medical aspects of care
- Assisting the Project Medical Referent in assessing the patient support needs, defining the patient support strategy according to the changing medical needs and context, and developing patient support tools (counselling/education protocols, health promotion messages, etc.)
- Ensuring, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of patient support activities according to MSF/PTP protocols, standards and procedures
- Ensuring good communication and collaboration with the other components of the project and other partners working on patient support.
- Supervising and supporting the staff under his responsibility, planning and organizing their work.
- In close collaboration with the Project Medical Referent and the HR department, participate in the associated HR processes (recruitment, training, induction, evaluation, potential detection, coaching, development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Ensuring data collection and analysis of patient support activities (collecting reports of patient support staff, summarizing reports, etc.). Submitting monthly reports on activities and challenge.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Support in home assessments of our cohort when necessary and ensure comprehensive case detection/contact tracing in our cohort. Support in defaulters’ cases when necessary.
- In close collaboration with the Patient Support Activity Manager, Project Medical Referent (and Project Coordinator when appropriate), create linkages with the BMUs, the other districts and Xpert sites depending on the needs of the project. Give feedback on the challenges of the Patients, BMU collaboration, GeneXpert site.
Excellent Urdu, Punjabi and English
Priority will be given to candidates from Gujranwala area
Commitment to MSF Principles, Teamwork And Cooperation, Results and Quality Orientation,