Perform basic counseling and/or educational activities to patients, families, communities, following MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve the health condition of the patient.
• Actively promote the availability of MSF services
• Carry out, individually or in group, basic counselling and/or educational sessions, to patients, their families, hospital staff and/or the community
• Refer patients when necessary to other specialists or external actors in order to provide the best available support
• Collect and report specific information related to the target group
• Keep files and statistics updated about the counselling and/or educational activities
• Give testimonies to patients and in the community on own experiences as a patient(*)
• Community mobilization: Actively promote the availability of MSF services. As a member of the mobile screening team, mobilize the community on HCV testing, prevention, treatment based following MSF guideline.
• Implement Health Promotion/IEC (Information, Education, Communication) activities with local population to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical topics.
• Collect and report specific information related to the target group. Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, to identify the most vulnerable populations to target.
• Under the guide of HP Supervisor, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviours observations), and report problems, success and constraints to him/her. Report to HP Supervisor: activities, problems met, strengths and constraints. Report any difficulty and suggestions actively to the HP supervisor or Radio operator according to the type of issues
• Take a part of reporting work within a team in a guided way to evaluate achievement on a regular basis. Keep files and statistics updated about the educational activities
• Perform the task of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, respecting the countrys traffic rules and MSF security rules, in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service. Responsible for reporting any problems, technical or practical, to logistics department in order to assure continued operations.
The employee may be required to work flexible hours depending upon the needs of the project. This job description may be amended in line with the activities or evolution of the Mission.
Physically Fit, Receptionist Duties, Behavioral Flexibility, Result-Oriented, Team Spirit, Respect Differences, Respectful Attitude, Flexibility, Local Language, Counseling, Community Mobilization, Social Work, Drivers License, Fluent in English,