Perform clinical laboratory activities according to MSF protocols, security and hygiene measures in order to obtain results to determine the patient’s treatment.
According to medical prescription, preparing and performing clinical exams/tests with appropriate techniques and following MSF protocols and procedures, this function includes, among others:
• Taking blood, vaginal and urethral samples.
• Centrifuging blood and urine samples.
• Performing laboratory exams (serology, haematology, biochemistry, bacteriology or parasitological, according to context of the mission).
• Ensuring proper reporting and registration of the sample results in order to keep a written track of activity and give information to the relevant persons, ensuring confidentiality.
• Taking care, manage and organize efficiently the laboratory material/equipment:
• Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning
• Applying hygiene and safety protocols, doing daily cleaning /maintenance, sterilization, washing general glassware after procedures are done.
• Ensuring proper sample waste disposal according to MSF protocols and highest safety standards.
• Supplying orders, do stock, storage conditions follow-up, keep inventory.
• Keep patient’s database in the Laboratory register, update it on daily basis and upload on shared folders. Maintain patient’s database confidentiality.
• Keeping organized the data collection system of laboratory results and all information generated from the analysis done.
• Reporting all relevant information linked to the activity in the laboratory to the line manager, especially the loss/robbery/damage of laboratory equipment or medicines.
Performing minor maintenance and cleaning of the biomedical equipment following user manual and protocols. Alerting the supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.
• Involve functional and line manager in implementation, review and assessment of quality control and assurance for laboratory activities
• Participate in Outreach community screening activities as part of the Health promotion team.
• Prepare the mobile van medical box and cold chain equipment prior to every mobile screening activity. Clean the medical workspace, maintain the medical box and manage the cold chain after each screening day.
• Perform RDT and PCR for Hep C. Responsible for managing, storing and transporting blood sample for PCR in cold chain until delivering at the MSF laboratory in Machar Colony Hep C clinic.
• Perform pre- and post-test counselling and information for patients.
• Ensure informed consent, confidentiality and privacy for patients.
• Respect of MSF protocols. Follow trainings and guidance provided by MAM and Operational Research Epidemiologist.
Follow daily planning of outreach activities by Health Promotion Supervisor and Manager.
Female candidates preferred to ensure both genders are represented in each team.
Local Language, Commitment, Flexibility, Results Oriented, Basic Microsoft Office, Fluent in English,