Lay counselor: Perform basic counseling and/or educational activities to patients, families, communities, following MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve the health condition of the patient.
Driver: Performing the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, respecting the country's traffic rules and MSF security rules, in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service.
- Actively promote the availability of MSF services
- Carry out, individually or in group, basic counseling and/or educational sessions, to patients, their families, hospital staff and/or the community
- Report to HP and log supervisors: activities, problems met, strengths and constraints.
- Report to logistics supervisor any issues related to the minivan (accidents, fan not working etc)
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before traveling
- Ensure proper maintenance of mobile van together with the mechanic
- Ensuring no non-MSF staff use the vehicle.
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver's driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowing how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver's position and any potential implications.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules.
Driving mobile van for HCV screening activity
- Conduct mobile van maintenance check with the mechanic as required
- Together with the HP officer, identify and drive to the target area for HCV screening activities
- Update movements in logbook and report all movements and security incidents to radio room
- Clean the mobile van as required
- Identify appropriate secure and safe parking area in the community
Promotion of HCV screening and prevention in the assigned areas
- Together with the HP officer, know the plan of HCV screening activity of the team (target Chowk, target block)
- Implement health education activities in target areas using specified MSF health education tools (flyers, flip charts)
- Support HP officers in weekly data entry
- Mobilize the community for HCV screening, prevention and treatment through door to door visits in Machar Colony
- Control crowds around the mobile van during HCV screening
- Communicate with community influencers (meetings, phone calls etc.) when required
Report any difficulty to the HP supervisor or log supervisor according to the type of issues
Fluent in Urdu, Driving License, Fluent in Bengali, Fluent in English, Fluent in Pashto, Burmese, Public Health Education, Individual Counselling, Community Work,