To assess maternity patients referred by Triage or emergency cases to MCH; provide medical treatment, consultation and assessment if there is a need to refer to OPD or to a hospital; in emergency cases, do normal deliveries.
- Initial assessment of patient: Evaluate the patient upon arrival and prepare and arrange the referral if required
- Patient care, treatment and delivery in the delivery room and the observation room: Carry out first care of the new-born; in case of complications, carry out initial resuscitation of the new-born and notify the expat midwife or neonate doctor
- Patient care, post-partum follow up in the observation room: Take vital signs of patient and baby based on established time schedule
- Management of materials, consumables in delivery room: Ensure that contaminated waste (including needles and other sharps) is segregated and managed according to MSF protocols
- Reporting: Ensure information is handed over to the next shift
- Service Assessment and Development: Taking part in and contributing towards trainings and internal evaluations and making an ongoing effort to maintain and update medical knowledge and skills
Knowledge and Skills:
- Essential: Good communication skills in English and Pashto
- Essential: Good knowledge of Lower Dir community and culture
Information for applicants:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for tests and interviews. MSF reserves the right to reject individual applications or cancel the whole of the recruitment process without notice.
If you are contacted for tests, we will require also the following documents: motivation letter, copy of your diploma, copy of your PNC card and copy of your work certificates.
Selected candidates must be able to provide a NOC from the relevant DHQ and MS before getting a work contract issued.
If you replied to the same advertisement published from 30/09 to 05/11, please don’t send your CV again – these advertisements are linked.