Supporting the project in the implementation, monitoring, maintaining, and trouble-shooting of Water, Hygiene, and Sanitation (WHS) related activities and infrastructure in the project according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population
- Carrying out tasks directly related to the WHS activities such as construction and maintenance of infrastructures in the project according to MSF protocols and standards concerning the operation of water supply, waste management and excreta disposal, hygiene and infection control.
- Ensuring the cleaning and maintenance of the Watsan structures and when applicable, of the medical facilities.
- In collaboration with the IPC Supervisor identifying, training and supervising daily labourers or hygiene agents for Watsan activities.
- Informing the IPC Supervisor of any difficulties, anomalies and problems that may affect the normal functioning of activities and tasks in his/her area of responsibility.
- Assisting the IPC Supervisor in WHS data collection and reporting, as well as maintaining updated files and records of assigned project activities.
- Being responsible for equipment, tools, and consumables, verifying that they are safely used and maintained. Reporting to the supervisor any need of renewal and the weekly/monthly consumption. The incumbent should be able to perform the physical organization of the WHS stocks, including
- Inventory of WHS stocks used at the project level.
- Performing physical reception of WHS material and stocks.
- Implementing and responsible for MSF stock monitoring system for WHS materials
- Be physically fit to perform various physical tasks as related to WHS activities.
- Supervise the Sanitation Labourer in ensuring the proper management of the waste zone.
- Supervise the cleaners, ensure that all cleaning procedures are done according MSF protocols.
- Collaborate with handymen in identifying and prioritizing health facility related work tasks that have an overlap between logistics and WHS departments
- Ensure that all tasks related to WHS activities are done in a safe manner.
- Ensure that appropriate PPE is used to perform all activities.
- Identify and health and safety related issues to the IPC Supervisor
- Minimum 12 years of education including a diploma in relevant technical speciality, desirable specialization in water and sanitation.
- Previous experience working in a health facility. Have familiarity with WHMIS standards
- Proficient in English, Urdu and any other relevant local languages
- Computer literacy (desirable)
- Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary and international team.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing work situation, in case of emergencies to work longer hours, extra days and to change duty station if necessary
- Commitment to humanitarian values as outlined in the MSF Charter.
- Results and Quality Orientation
working in a health facility, Carrying out tasks directly related to the WHS