Defining, coordinating and monitoring the medical activities under his/her responsibility according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition of the target population.
• Coordinating, assessing and supervising the proper functioning of the medical activities, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions.
• Participating in the definition of annual planning and budget for the project and in the follow up of the programs / project. Supervising and ensuring that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved, reporting to the technical referent any problem arising in the service
• Checking all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers ...) are carried out correctly and according to MSF procedures.
• Ensuring an efficient pharmacy management and monitoring the rational use of them. In coordination with the project biomedical service supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating future needs. Preparing the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility, and identifying and reporting to the line manager, non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.)
• Coordinating and monitoring the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves ...). Participating in shifts and replaces a doctor, if necessary
• Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to improve staff capabilities and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
• Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.).
• All above-mentioned accountabilities are applicable for the position holder. In addition to the above mentioned accountabilities the MAM CL will be responsible for;
• Ensuring a good collaboration with MOH counterparts in DHQ Bannu and other MoH/other stakeholders linked with CL activity in Bannu in coordination with CL coordnator.
• Lead and manage Bannu CL team for the smooth functioning of MSF CL services including planning, setting and defining objectives for the CL team and follow up (such as planning leaves, sick leaves, evaluations etc) as per MSF rules and regulations. Identify the training needs of CL national staff and propose trainings , and propose MoH e participation from MoH staff as per MoU in liaision with CL coordinator
• Ensure smooth and good flow of communications of DHQ Bannu CL team and project team (PC, CL coordinator, Intersectional CL focal person, MedRef, HR/Fin and logistics).
• Closely monitor and supervise the CL related activities In the DHQ Bannu, and identify bottlenecks for the implementation of the activities including proposing solutions to address issues.
Service Orientation, Strategic vision, Leadership and good team management