Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population. Providing on-job-training/coaching to MOH nurses on nursing care related to CL. Maintaining CL related pharmacy stock consumptions and being responsible to control medical equipment/material according to MSF standards.
• Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment.
• Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions.
• Filling in patients’ files, forms, consumptions, and statistics report properly and submitting to direct supervisor regularly for review and record keeping. . Filling in all necessary registers and health files, participate in data collection and keep doctors/supervisor informed.
• Performing any other tasks as requested by Medical activity manager / Medical Referent.
• Oversees and coordinates the CL activities and quality of patient care ensuring the correct implementation and execution of the CL protocol and relevant MSF guidelines and procedure among the three clinics and all CL staff.
• Ensures that the quality of the CL nursing care is guaranteed at all times, of e.g. intramuscular and intralesional injections techniques and dressing according MSF protocols and guidelines
• Ensures the triaging of patients is done appropriately according to the admission criteria
• Ensures good quality and up to standard nursing procedures with anitispetic techniques in regards to dressing
• Ensures the flow of the patients and correct timing of sending the patients for specimen collection to the laboratory, and follow up results
• Check patient charts on proper recording and documentation and discusses abnormalities observed/detected with concerned staff members.
• Ensures correct calculation of the dosages and safe administration of oral, intramuscular and intralesional antimonial treatment
• Organization and Planning
• Ensures correct and timely reporting (weekly and monthly delivery of statistic), and handed over to the data encoder.
• Tracks and checks the daily and weekly consumption of medicines and medical material and other consumable. Supports and initial the monthly physical stock count and if needed and theoretical stock
• Ensures that timely monthly orders and internal requests are made based on consumption and physical stock, and handed over to the MSO.
• Reports any discrepancies between the requested and delivered items.
• Complies with and supervises other nursing staff and health educators to ensure integrated CL health education and support within all activities including hygiene, sanitation and mental health care, to patients and their families
• Complies with and supervises other nursing staff to ensure clean and safe environment (in line with MSF OCA IPC and Health Care Waste Management for patients and staff in collaboration with the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WHS/WATSAN/WASH/IPC responsible) department
• Ensures disinfection and sterilization procedures are carried out appropriately
• Assists in identifying staffing/ training needs. Assists in organizing, maintaining or supervising appropriate training programmes.
Supports CL MAM and HR management under his/her supervision and report to the next in line with any issues in a timely manner (malpractice, misbehaviour, absenteeism etc.) that affects service deliberation for immediate redress/attention
Stress management, flexibility, Results and Quality Orientation