Provide support to the mission by assisting the Country Representative and CMT in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, negotiated access and networking, contributing to the mission strategy, context analysis, risk analysis and security management, operational support, providing translations and interpreting in order to facilitate coordination tasks in the mission
Negotiated access and networking:
- Is responsible to link with the competent authorities for the international staff NOC process at Balochistan level, and if requested at MOI level.
- Coordinate with the different project location the information shared with the relevant authorities/agencies
- Assist in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image to external actors especially in Balochistan
- Assist in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image to external actors.
- Establish and maintain network with relevant interlocutors (governmental authorities, agencies, civil society, Political party, INGO, …) at federal level, and in coordination with CR Support based in Balochistan to make comprehensive overview.
- Elaborate the actors mapping at Balochistan level
- Develop and maintain appropriate contact to all relevant authorities, especially in Islamabad
- Represent MSF externally as delegated by the HoM.
- Where delegated by the HoM, assist in the production, translation, editing and distribution of correspondence, external reports and other communications materials.
- Where delegated by the HoM, manage and maintain MSF contact lists and ‘who’s who’ records and analysis.
- Maintain the contact-meeting database at mission level
- Close collaboration and support to the advocacy manager as delegated by HOM
- Assist in exploratory missions and assessments
- Supervise and maintain systems (i.e. reporting, incident monitor) as delegated by the HoM
- Assist in translations, formulation of letters, etc.
- Organize and maintain the archives from CMT office, especially at Islamabad level.
- Direct support to projects upon HOM request: (Can replace temporary the PC assistant at field level for short period term assignment)
- Monitor and analyse contextual developments in the project sites, around the country & region
- To provide analysis and advice to the HoM on security incidents, contextual developments and security management
Risk analysis and security management:
- Assist in risk assessment and the development of mission and project security plans
- Advise PCs and HoM on other aspects related to security management as required
- Conduct context and cultural briefings for in-coming expatriates.
- To advise on cultural appropriateness of organisational and individual activities.
- Maintenance and update of the country-wide security database
- To provide regular reports on context / security situation
- Contribute to strategic decision-making moment in the mission.
- Support the HOM on the monitoring of the ACP/SCP implementation (operations, budget, HR planning.) across the respective project.
- As delegate by the HoM, organise & oversee mission-level strategic processes such as CMT meetings, 12M process and FAD (Field Associative Debate).
- Bachelor degree in social science, politics or related field
- 3 years previous experience in a supervisory position or equivalent in humanitarian aid, preferably with MSF
- Extensive experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security and humanitarian environment
- Proficient in English and Urdu, and any other relevant local language
Knowledge, Skills & Attitudes
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Essential, very good understanding of the functioning of the different administrations on the local country (critical).
- Excellent understanding of MSF’s principles and valueExcellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent analytical skills and diplomatic nature
- Excellent negotiation skills + extensive negotiation experience
- In-depth contextual knowledge
- High level of knowledge of culture and customs of Pakistan, particularly Pashtu & Baloch
- Rigorous, detail-oriented, very well organized, strong sense of personal integrity, result-oriented committed to excellence
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in other MSF locations in remote areas with marginalized communities, in case of emergencies to work longer hours, extra days to meet the needs of the program.
- Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary and international team.
- Commitment to humanitarian values as outlined in the MSF Charter
- National / passport holder of Pakistan
Can Negotiate With Authorities, Communication With Government, Report Writing,