In close collaboration with the HP IEC Activities Manager, implementing and supervising educational campaigns according to MSF values, standards and procedures in order to increase awareness of the targeted population and to promote prevention and treatment of diseases in the project area.
Design, plan and formulate HP strategies:
- Design/update and formulate stretegies for assigned HP program in collabration with line manager and implement approved design,plans and strategies of HP Program in the assigned areas including Data/information collection. Reporting Supervision of HP Staff/team management Networking Emergency prepadness.
- Plan and follow-up activities for promotion of MSF health services in the Community. Develop new initiatives for HP in the Community or in the Medical Facility according to objectives or needs. Prepare health and hygiene promotion messages and educative materials. Ensure good quality of health promotion by developing knowledge about health issues and seasonal epidemiology.
Implement approved design, plans and strategies of HP:
- Lead the HP Team in the implementation of the HP program. Encourage and support the HP team to conduct HP sessions for non-medical MSF staff. Conduct HP sessions in the Medical Facility and in the Community. Monitoring and evaluation of HP activities.
Data / information collection and analysis:
- Plan and implement data/information collection in the Medical Facility and in the Community for medical or socio-cultural assessment, in collaboration with HP manager and medical department. Analyze the data in order to adjust and improve the implementation of strategy [in collaboration with Medical department & HP manager].
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly activity reports. Provide regular updates to the Medical Focal Point Assistant and MFP
Supervision of HP staff / team management:
- Supervise HP activities in Medical Facility and in the targeted community areas. Coach HP staff for better execution of their tasks. Identify training needs for the HP staff and facilitate trainings. Participate in HP staff evaluations. Define responsibilities of HP workers & define roaster / leave planning.
Networking and interdepartmental collaboration:
The Field of action of Health Promotion and Community Engagement activities means in practice:
- working with the patients, families and communities toward better health outcomes. This approach considers the concept that the patients and community are central to the medical humanitarian response including a
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in social sciences, psychology, or related field.
- Desirable computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
- Good motivation, organizational skills and show initiative
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate ideas
- Willing to learn and receive regular trainings
Operation Responsibilities, Food Knowledge, Transaction Process,