Defining, coordinating and monitoring the medical activities under his/her responsibility according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition of the target population
- Coordinating, assessing and supervising the proper functioning of the medical activities (HIV, TB STIs, SGBV, etc.), according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions.
- Participating in the definition of annual planning and budget for the project and in the follow up of the programs / project. Supervising and ensuring that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved, reporting to the technical referent any problem arising in the service
- Checking all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers ...) are carried out correctly and according to MSF procedures.
- Ensuring an efficient pharmacy management and monitoring the rational use of them. In coordination with the project biomedical service supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating future needs. Preparing the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility, and identifying and reporting to the line manager, non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.)
- Coordinating and monitoring the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves ...). Participating in shifts and replaces a doctor, if necessary
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to improve staff capabilities and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.).
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
- In collaboration with the PMR, coordinate, assess and supervise the proper functioning of the medical activities according to MSF protocols and procedures and through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions.
- Coordinate and monitor the daily working plan of medical doctors and other team under his/her responsibility.
- Participate in ward round in collaboration with MDs, ensure patients patients management is done as per protocols and guidelines.
- Participate in the programs / project follow-up, supervise and ensure that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved and report to the technical referent any problem arising in the service.
- Participates in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. monthly medical reports, SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.) and definition of annual planning, budget for the project.
- Prepares the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities(s) under his/her responsibility, and identifies non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.), reporting them to the line manager
- Ensures proper implementation of the health policy for national staff, providing necessary preventive measures for MSF staff, safe structures/working environment and emergency plans.
- Ensure medical incidents (MI) are properly reported as per online MI reporting and policy
- Will have a direct supervisory role over some staff (check with project organogram)
- Will replace the project MFP in his/her absence
- Responsible for patients’ referrals, ensure patients are refrred as per referral policy.
- Ensure the use of telemedecine network for cases in need specilised opinion
- Plan for MDs and other respective staff training to enhance their knowledge and skills
- Ensure mortality revieve of the cases died in the supported facilities.
- Demonstrable working experience as a Medical Practitioner, pediatric experience desirable
- 1 year MSF experience in a management position or with an INGO or other sector (hospital etc.)
Languages:Proficient in English, Urdu and any other relevant local languages
- Strategic Vision & Leadership
- Developed people management skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Flexibility and adaptability attitude This position may require work in other MSF locations if necessary, in remote areas with marginalized communities, in case of emergencies to work longer hours, extra days to meet the needs of the program
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Madical Writing, Gynecologist Consultancy, Services Operations,