Providing support to the Project Coordinator in the security management and the coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project
- Representing MSF externally together with the Project Coordinator (PC) or alone (when delegated) and negotiating on behalf of the project coordination in close cooperation with the PC and based on beforehand agreed messaging. Assisting in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image externally
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and providing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, parties, actors, authorities and military groups, in different administrations/parties and governorates/districts in order to improve understanding and decision making processes.
- Maintaining the security database and providing a biweekly context analysis based on recent incidents and developments
- Assisting in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and participating in the development of security plans
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities, community leader, military actors, security forces) in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF principles and services and public opinion adhesion. Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook.
- Ensuring the continuity of relations/networking with local actors (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) and filing and updating field contacts and correspondence in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis. Organizing advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator.
- Translating and reviewing documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Assisting the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, military actors, community leaders, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows.
- Preparing and conducting context, cultural and security briefings on the project context to new employees (national and international) in order to facilitate their integration and within the project environment. Ensuring regular security briefings/trainings of assessment team, drivers, and guards in consultation with the Project Coordinator.
- Being contactable by phone and available to assist the Project Coordinator with important context, security and operational issues that may occur outside of regular working hours unless otherwise agreed with the PC (e.g., holidays).
- Performing assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by the Project Coordinator
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Represent MSF to stakeholders and maintain networking relations with relevant authorities, local community, none-governmental stakeholders with close coordination with the PC
- Keeps a complete and updated detailed list of stakeholders (authorities, health officials, civil society, security contacts, other NGO’s etc.)
- Follow the information diffused by the local media on a daily basis Security & Context Analysis
- Proactively gather, inform, update and advise security and context development in and around project location to PC and staff in the project locations.
- Understand and follow security guidelines and contribute in analyzing security information and reporting back to PC
- Organize, attend and produce minutes of meetings with stakeholders in the project locations Monitoring and reporting day-to-day operation
- Assists the PC on Expats / Inpats/ national staff security plan development and implementation.
- In close cooperation with Project Coordinator and project staff:
- Monitoring context and situation in the project sites and its surrounding areas
- Any development in local context, inform to and advise the PC and project staff
University Diploma Level, preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, International Public Law, Anthropology, etc.)
- Essential: Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security and humanitarian environment
- Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting and analysis
- Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
- Desirable: Management experience
Languages:Proficient in English, Urdu and any other relevant local languages
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, Internet/social media)
- Excellent understanding of MSF’s principles and values.
- Knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues.
- In-depth contextual knowledge and analysis skills High level of knowledge of local culture and customs
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Behavioral Flexibility.
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not enter into correspondence with regard to the reasons for non-selection of candidates
Strategy Develpment, Project Management, Strong Management Skills,