Planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics related activities in the project or capital and providing support to medical assistance activities, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project
- Assisting the Project Coordinator or Logistics Coordinator in the definition and follow-up of logistics activities in the project or capital, in conjunction with other medical project managers in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the targeted population
- Ensuring and monitoring the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the project / capital including the following:
- Logistics: (construction, transport of goods and staff, communications, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/installation and infrastructures, communications, installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities for international staff in adequate living conditions)
- WHS: implementation of water, health and sanitation activities
- Supply: implementation and maintenance of an appropriate supply chain for the project.
- Adherence to MSF Supply chain standards
- Implementing all administrative related activities linked to logistics (orders, insurances, vehicle contracts, etc.).
- Participating in the planning and implementation, together with the Logistics Coordinator, the Project Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the logistics staff in the project / capital in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities.
- Ensuring technical reference for all logistics/technical issues in the project and providing coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility. Ensuring all staff in the Project is properly briefed about use of communication tools (handsets, HF/VHF, etc.).
- Defining and monitoring technical aspects of the project risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the project security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, performing day-to day monitoring of the application of security rules and reporting to the Project Coordinator any problem that may arise. For this purpose, the Project Logistics Manager will have to create an appropriate environment to facilitate security exchange of information.
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the definition and follow-up of logistics activities in the project.
- Supervising and developing technical skills of logistics supervisor
- Monitor on a day-to-day basis the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the project (construction, transport, communications, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/installation and infrastructures, communications, etc.) ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the Project Coordinator on the development of the ongoing programs :
o Ensure good functioning of vehicle fleet and other engines.
o Ensure maintenance of all technical equipments.
o Implement Construction and Rehabilitation activities planned.
o Implement water and sanitation activities planned.
o Organize transport of goods and staff.
o Guarantee means of communication.
o Implement all administrative related activities linked to logistics (orders, insurances, vehicle contracts, etc.).
- Planning preventive logistic activities with coordination/flying teams and ensuring functional office space(s) and lodging facilities for international staff and inpats staff is in adequate living conditions
1. CONSTRUCTION & REHABILITATION
In coordination with the Project Coordinator and coordination team in Islamabad, coordinate, prioritize and plan needed and requested maintenance work – as well as ordering of logistic material in coordination with medical team.
- Guarantee preventive/systematic maintenance of all facilities and equipment;
- Organize the maintenance team and the workshop;
- Supervise small scale subcontracted construction and rehabilitation works (tender process, contractor supervision, quality control);
- Supervise Construction/Watsan, contracted labor and Watsan/Waste supervisors.
- Collaborate with Project Log team & Construction/Watsan in planning construction, and supervise Construction Person in implementing plans.
- Create a safe work environment
2. REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE
- Ensure facilities remain in good state (plumbing, lighting, roofing, furniture etc.).
- Ensure equipment remain in good state (power supply, fleet, cold chain, comms, computers etc.).
- Follow-up projects technical questions.
- Ensure enough stock for preventative maintenance of facilities.
3. POWER SUPPLY AND ENERGY
- Guarantee continuous power supply in all facilities.
- Adapt to winter/summer fluctuation: prevention, prediction and adaptation
- Maintains and follows up the generators maintenance including fuel consumption and spare parts (report to coordination monthly)
- Maintains and follows up all heating/cooling equipments.
- Ensure the implementation of preventive maintenance plan is in place and followed
- Supervise (and assist) technical team in minor repair of generators, cabling, chargers/inverters, batteries, protection devices etc.
- Supervise (and assist) technician in maintenance of cold chain, lighting etc.
4. FLEET MANAGEMENT
- In coordination with Log Manager, ensure fleet management is according to MSF policy (service A, B, C)
- Manage stock and consumption of spare parts in the workshop.
- Supervise mechanics in the maintenance and repair of MSF vehicles, generators, pumps.
- Closely monitor fuel consumption and manage fuel supply.
- Identify needs for tools, spare parts, vehicle contents, etc..
- Ensure mechanics use all administrative documents.
- Implement vehicle follow-up sheet for all vehicles, cooperate with the project logs team to collect all necessary information.
5. COLD CHAIN
- Ensure the implementation and follow up of cold equipment maintenance planning and protocol,
- Ensure the availability of backup equipment for cold chain;
- Support training on cold chain management and equipment maintenance;
- Ensuring proper usage of biomed equipment by medical staff, proper maintenance and adequate prevention.
- Ensure preventive maintenance plan is in place and followed
7. IT MANAGEMENT
- Ensure MSF ICT (field) policy is implemented.
- Ensure all IT equipment’s are properly maintained and used.
- Ensure the provision of reliable Internet provider.
- Ensure the data protection (backups/virus)…
- Supervise (and assist) technician in installation, programming and minor repair of equipment.
- Ensure all communication equipment is in good working order and properly installed, maintained and programmed.
- Maintain MSF communication list, including call signs and road codes.
9. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT TOOL KIT (FMT)
- Ensure facilities management tools kit (FMT) is implemented and followed in the projects.
- Ensure the FMT maintenance calendars follows as per plan.
- Ensure Job requests and JR follow up sheets are maintained in the project Level.
- Ensure each equipment have a logbook and maintaining for maintenance records.
- Review JR follow up sheet, sharing with LogCo and Log Manager and ensure proper reporting in LRS on time.
- Ensure biweekly/monthly visit to facilities and identified the logistics needs for preventive measure.
10. HR MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT
- Management of technical team (planning, evaluation, coaching…)
- Support in recruitment of technical logisticians and possibly other profiles relevant to the logistic department (handymen, drivers, watchmen)
- Ensure all members of team have updated JDs and all administration procedures are appropriately followed
- Recommend and provide staff development and training in coordination with PC and LogCo.
11. REPORTING AND MEETINGS
- Submits monthly progress report to Logco and Log Manager for inclusion in monthly log report.
- Submit monthly reports to PCs for inclusion into Sitrep
- Follow-up of online reporting tools (LRS)
- Asset follow-up and inventory.
- Arrange and participate in appropriate meetings internally and externally of the technical department
Essential Minimum 14 years education (Bachelor degree or diploma)
Desirable: Technical university degree, preferably as an engineer
- Essential at least two years of working experience in logistics related activities.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs, and working experience in developing countries
- Mission language (English) essential; local language desirable
- Good computer skills essential;
- People management & Development skills
- Committment to MSF Principles.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work.
- Result & Qaulity Orientation
- Team work & Cooperation
Adaptability & Flexibility, Result Oriented, Solid Computer Skills, Logistics Management,