MSF-OCA is looking for a VACCINATOR based Chaman Project
MSF offers a competitive package including (salary, leaves, medical coverage, training and career) and the opportunity to work for an internationally renowned humanitarian organization.
Summary of position:
Performing vaccination of a target population, typically children and pregnant women, according to MSF principles and values and universal hygiene standards, in order to improve health conditions of the target population
- Ensuring safe and correct administration of the vaccination according to the specific vaccine requirements according to the EPI schedule.
- Following the universal guidelines for management of vaccines (cold chain, administration), reporting any anomaly, checking all vaccine vials (content, label, expiry date) before each session and disposing correctly of sharps after use
- Observing any immediate adverse reactions and, if required, providing first aid, e.g. anaphylactic shock
- Informing about possible side effects and the date of return for the next dose. May be required to give health education to the vaccinated/ caretakers on an individual basis.
- Recording the given vaccination details in the registration book and other reporting/follow up tools such as tally sheet and report for EPI/MOH (Form 1)
- Providing the vaccinated/caretaker with the completed vaccination card
- Reporting on consumption and, in absence of a storekeeper, ordering regularly to prevent any ruptures in stock.
Requirements for the position:
Education: Essential 1-year paramedical certificate as OT Technician or Assistant/Sterilization Technician.
Experience: No previous experience required
Language: Mission language and local language essential.
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Additional requirement (if any): NA
- Good interpersonal & communication, respectful behavior and honest, organized, disciplines work attitude Ability to represent MSF with external contacts
- Commitment to MSF Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Stress Management,
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork, Cooperation, and Service Orientation.
Stress Management, Flexibility, Teamwork,