MSF-OCA is looking for a Project Coordinator Support based in Dera Murad Jamali - East Baluchistan.
MSF offers a competitive package including (salary, leaves, medical coverage, training and career) and the opportunity to work for an internationally renowned humanitarian organization.
Providing support to the Project Coordinator in the security management and the coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Representing MSF externally together with the Project Coordinator (PC) or alone (when delegated) and negotiating on behalf of the project coordination in close cooperation with the PC and based on beforehand agreed messaging. Assisting in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image externally
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and providing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, parties, actors, authorities and military groups, in different administrations/parties and governorates/districts in order to improve understanding and decision making processes. Maintaining the security database and providing a biweekly context analysis based on recent incidents and developments
- Assisting in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and participating in the development of security plans
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities, community leader, military actors, security forces) in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF principles and services and public opinion adhesion. Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook.
- Ensuring the continuity of relations/networking with local actors (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) and filing and updating field contacts and correspondence in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis. Organizing advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator. • Translating and reviewing documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Assisting the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, military actors, community leaders, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows.
- Preparing and conducting context, cultural and security briefings on the project context to new employees (national and international) in order to facilitate their integration and within the project environment. Ensuring regular security briefings/trainings of assessment team, drivers, and guards in consultation with the Project Coordinator.
- Being contactable by phone and available to assist the Project Coordinator with important context, security and operational issues that may occur outside of regular working hours unless otherwise agreed with the PC (e.g., holidays)
- Performing assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by the Project Coordinator.
MSF Section / Context specific accountabilities.
Representation, Communication & Positioning
- Represent MSF to stakeholders and maintain networking relations with relevant authorities, local communities, non-governmental stakeholders in close coordination with PC.
- Keeps a complete and updated detailed list of stakeholders (authorities, health officials, civil society, security contracts, other NGO’s and etc).
- Follow the information diffused by the local media on a daily basis Security and Context Analysis.
- Proactively gather, inform, update and advise security and context development in and around project location to PC and staff in the project locations.
- Understand and follow security guidelines and contribute in analyzing security information and reporting back to PC.
- Organize attend and produce minutes of the meetings with stakeholders in the project locations, monitoring and reporting day- to- day operations.
- Assist the PC on expats/inpats/national staff security plan development and implementation.
In close cooperation with Project Coordinator and project staff:
- Monitoring context and situation in the project sites and its surrounding areas.
- Any development in the local context, inform to and advise PC and project staff.
University Diploma Level, preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, International Public Law, Anthropology, Economics, etc.)
Essential: Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security and humanitarian environment
Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting and analysis
Desirable: Two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
Desirable: Management experience
English and local language essential (high level command oral and written).
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, Internet/social media)
- Excellent understanding of MSF’s principles and values
- Knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues
- In-depth contextual knowledge and analysis skills
- High level of knowledge of local culture and customs
- Results and quality oriented
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF principles
- Stress management
Additional Information: Keeping in view the nature of this position, priority will be given to locals, having in-depth knowledge of local culture and customs.
Applicants who meet the above criteria should apply at Rozee.pk
Thank you for your interest to apply at MSF however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Flexibility, Communication Skills, Leadership Skills,