General objectives of the function:
Contribute to the development of humanitarian affairs activities in the Mission by supporting the Management Coordination Team in the analysis of context, humanitarian situation, security and in the definition of advocacy strategies, according to MSF policies and values, in order to improve the humanitarian and human rights situation among population.
Key responsibilities include:
• Perform data collection and research concerning local and international context, with regards to security, medical, nutritional and humanitarian issues, in order to provide reliable information for further decision-making.
• Support the Head of Mission and field coordinators in the analysis of the data collected, in order to better orientate the programmes and projects, to provide an optimal response to population needs.
• Compile regular updates of the ongoing (inter-)national activities and plans of NGO’s, UN, ICRC, donors, authorities and other actors on lobby, policy and operational plans and initiatives in order to adequate MSF ’s activities and objectives.
• Collaborate with the HoM, the Operational/Humanitarian Affairs Department at HQ and other relevant parties to develop a coherent global strategy, in order to address the humanitarian situation.
• Define and review messages, tools, lobbying activities and other advocacy action plans and strategies, in order to raise all humanitarian issues in the mission and seek assistance and protection to affected population.
• Ensure smooth working relationship with local authorities, other NGO’s, local communities and other factors, in order to facilitate MSF teams a better access to the population and improve MSF activities’ coordination with third parties.
• Organize discussions, trainings, briefings, etc. about human rights and humanitarian law issues and current and future advocacy activities, in order to raise awareness of MSF staff regarding these matters.
• Participates in the elaboration and updating of the Country Risk Analysis
• Promotes and assists in the implementation of advocacy activities locally, nationally and internationally.
• Supervises humanitarian affairs related staff in the Mission.
Project specific accountabilities include:
• Contribute, together with the MSF Karachi Project Coordinator, the Program Medical Referent and the Intersectional Advocacy Manager in drafting the advocacy strategy for the MSF OCB HepC Karachi project
• The humanitarian affairs officer (HAO) will focus on advocating for increased MOH and other government officials including elected members of the parliament in making policies in HCV control and elimination, with the objective to have sustainable public policies in the province.
• Coordinate and support the creation of coalition for other stakeholders working for HCV elimination goals, including the development of strategic document, data bases and resolution papers
• Engage with local stakeholders to build and cultivate strategic partnerships to find more advocacy opportunities with government leadership, ministries, other implementing partners.
• Develop a communications plan and create a series of communications with the help of communication team showcasing project and mission achievements supporting and strategic objectives.
• Follow and literature review related to HCV and other infectious disease locally and internationally.
• Communication with PDMA and NDMA and other local organization to get information and statistics for any catastrophic conditions.
• Communication and keep in touch with local partners and help project teams in timely response to their queries.
• Dissemination of the evidence and data project and mission generating on the right platform.
• Make sure MSF presence in conferences and symposium happening locally and internationally.
• Able to revise MSF advocacy strategy with the help of project strategic and medical team along with change of health policies and political scenarios.
• Contribute in writing and reviewing operational research papers pertinent to project medical activities.
• Good Understanding Of Current Humanitarian, Fluent in English, Relationship Management,