Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, World Health Organisation (WHO)/National Tuberculosis Program (NTP)/Médecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
• Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment, especially in regards to Tuberculosis and Covid19. Respecting medical ethics and confidentiality.
• Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions and WHO/NTP/MSF guidelines, and assisting during consultations and other medical procedures. Participating in health education messages of the patient (and family) when necessary.
• Knows and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
• Ensuring patients are properly received and settled and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted. For OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
• Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency or deterioration). For follow-up of patients, liaising with the community team (Patient support supervisor). This includes contact tracing for all confirmed DR TB cases.
• Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participation in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
• Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
• Supervising cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
• Taking and dispatching the relevant samples as required for the patients and collecting the relevant reports.
Specific objective 1: clear communication with the medical and the outreach team regarding concerns about patients with the aim to encourage adherence and limit defaulters
· Objective: To maintain contact with patients under treatment and their families
· Indicator: good adherence to treatment for most patients
· Target: most of the cohort of patients finish their treatment
Specific objective 2: Provide each patient and patient support/family with individualised and patient centered care for the management of their DR TB.
· Objective: The patient is an active participant in their treatment
· Indicator: the patient is adhering to their treament with limited lost to follow up
Stress Management, Behavioural Flexibility, Results and Quality Orientation,