MSF-OCA is looking for a REGISTERED NURSE for its project in Quetta - Balochistan. MSF offers a package of benefits (salary, leaves, medical coverage, training and career) and the opportunity to work for an internationally renowned humanitarian organization.
- Provide quality nursing care and follow-up of cutaneous leishmaniasis (CL) patients, during the cutaneous leishmaniasis clinical trial (CL CT) miltefosine & ThermoMed according the CL CT protocol
- Able to strictly follow the SOPs of the CL CT protocol and follow instructions given by the trial manager
- Carry the overall responsibility of any CL CT nursing activities appropriately, skillfully and in accordance with MSF CL guidelines for the management of CL patients, but specifically the CL CT protocol and procedures in place, which may include:
- Assesses the trial eligibility of the CL patients according CL CT protocol
- Perform thermotherapy under supervision of a MD according CL CT protocol and perform appropriate wound care according CL CT SOPs
- Monitor patient during the thermotherapy treatment; immediately report unexpected deviations to the doctor and follow his/her order how to respond on it
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise.
Requirements for the position
- Registered Nurse /Registered Midwifes (RNRMs) or BSN 4 years degree with valid Pakistan Nursing Council Registration.
- Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s.
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
- Urdu and Persian are essential. English is desirable.
Teamwork, Nurse Practitioner, Thermotherapy,