The Community mobilizer and CHW will provide information and health education messages at the community level, and will strengthen the link between the community and the MSF health structures.
• Collect and report (to IEC/HP Supervisor) specific information related to his/her community: perception of the sickness, food security, vaccination status of children, perception of the services, constraints and strengths, vulnerability, level of information, living conditions and risks related;
• Deliver information to his/her community on specific health topics and about MSF, the services it provides;
• Consolidate the link between his/her community and the MSF services; give advise how to better involve his/her community in the activities of awareness and prevention; indicate possible local actors or local NGOs and community project which could be involved in awareness activities at a local level;
• Support the mapping of the territory and population: schools, churches, villages, gathering points; support and facilitate relations with local authorities of his/her community, where requested by the IEC/HP Supervisor; support MSF in the defaulter tracing activities
Report to HP Supervisor: activities, problems met, strengths and constraints;
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
Health Promotions in the Local Community: WHERE APLLICABLE – in close coordination
with Head, CWM / MHO / Med-Ref
· Map out the different populations/sub-populations in the target location
· Identify different vulnerable groups in the community for TB
· Identify KEY stakeholders in the community (community leaders, religious leaders, etc)
· Introduce MSF correctly within the community and towards other NGO’s IF present
· Promote the activities and health services of MSF
· Refer all other representation and communication questions/issues to Supervisor/ Expat
Nurse / MTL
· IF and WHEN APPLICABLE, monitor and immediately report health situation in the local
community with a potential for an outbreak or an epidemic
· IF and WHEN applicable, monitor and immediately report any massive population movements/
displacements that may have serious health consequences
· DO NOT - IN ANY WAY - PARTICIPATE IN ANY VACCINATION CAMPAIGNS OUTSIDE
OF MSF’s REGULAR ACTIVITIES!!!
Health Promotions in the Waiting Areas / Out-Patient Department (OPD) – WHERE AND IF
Give health education in waiting areas to patients and relatives/attendants about
MSF’s identity and its charter
MSF’s health programs and services and to improve health seeking behavior (increase access to health care)
Water, health, sanitation and other prevention measures (e.g. immunization, etc)
Proper nutrition habits
Transmission and prevention of common communicable diseases
Information, Education and Communication (IEC) Materials
· Gives input in the preparations of IEC materials that are culturally appropriate and relevant to
the local community / patients / attendants
· Keeps proper filing system of relevant IEC materials
· Maintain properly flip charts used in health promotion activities
· Participates in any relevant training programs and/or regularly required meetings
· Performs any additional activities as instructed by the direct supervisor
· Ensures no action or omission on his/her part places the patient at risk, including referring to
others when he/she has reached the limit of his/her experience
· Does not accept gifts or money from his/her patients or their family for care provided.
· Upholds good medical practice, updates his/her knowledge regularly by reading and training.
· Maintains patient confidentiality at all time and respect patients as much as possible.
· Promotes the policies and protocols of MSF.
· Refrain from practicing out of regular working station and organization.
· Should not prescribe medications outside these policies for local purchase from the bazaar.
· Respects the rights of the Patients and caretakers in his/her care to be informed before any
procedure or medication is given and the right to decline care or treatment, and the right to
have a female family member for support.
· Maintains and promote a good attitude and proper manner towards patients, their attendants and the medical staff,
· Upholds universal precautions at all times
Teamwork, Stress Management, Results, Commitment, Flexibility,