Carrying out tasks with regards to the servicing, repair and maintenance of MSF vehicle fleet and motorised engines in the mission according to MSF standards and procedures and the mechanics instructions, in order to ensure the proper running of the vehicles and equipment.
• Performing tasks as per the mechanics instructions, testing vehicles after each service is concluded and before it is handed back to the driver This includes but are not limited to the following:
• Carrying out A services on vehicles and basic services on motorized engines (generators, pumps, etc.), according to the instructions listed in the log book or MSF documents, and if possible assisted by the drivers. Carrying out B services in big workshops and assisting with B and C services for vehicles, and major services for motorized engines, under the mechanics supervision
• Performing maintenance activities of all motorized machinery (water pumps, generators, etc.), as well as other mechanical installations
• Filling in logbook regarding services, spare parts, repairs and maintenance carried out in each vehicle and motorized machinery and mechanical installations. Filling in stock cards of spare parts and carrying out physical stock inventory on a regular basis
• Supervising vehicle documentation completeness (registration papers, insurance, radio licenses, etc.) and informing line manager if something is missing or soon expiring
• Ensuring cleanliness of common working areas
• Ensuring proper use, storage and maintenance of the equipment and tools provided. Assisting in identifying spare parts, consumables and tools required for all vehicles and reporting material needs and informing line manager about levels of stock and quality of different spare parts and consumables
• Informing superiors of any mechanical or other problems related to the vehicles and when repairs are required as a result of inappropriate driving or use of vehicles and equipment.
• If requested by the line manager, assisting in briefing and training of all drivers regarding services and maintenance of vehicles and training MSF staff about correct use and basic maintenance of all types of engines
Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Burmese, Fluent In Pashto, Fluent in Bengali, Fluent In English, Fluent In Urdu,