Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF assists people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation
We are seeking for a qualified and highly motivated applicant for MSF Belgium (OCB), in Karachi (MSF Clinic in Machar Colony)
Development, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the Learning & Development work in MSF projects according to MSF policies, standards and values - in order to support a continual high level of capability and performance to meet operational goals.
Contribute to the development of L&D activities in the projects by supporting the Management Team in the analysis of learning needs and use of appropriate L&D solutions.
Provides active support to the global workforce regarding the use of L&D tools and the implementation of work-related L&D activities in the project.
- Implementation, monitoring & maintenance of the L&D tools, processes and plans
- Manages L&D activities in support of and in close collaboration with the field supervisors, managers &/or field coordinators
- Carries out learning needs assessment to provide line managers with alternatives and possible solutions. Liaises directly with the staff, upon approval of line manager, to identify the learning needs, supporting L&D plans & solutions and prioritization of requests.
- Acting as a technical L&D specialist, providing advice, technical feedback about and follow-up on quality of implementation of L&D activities linked to operational needs and objectives. When required.
- Plans & supports all L&D aspects of the employee development cycle: induction processes, development & training plans, performance evaluations, communication about and upkeep of L&D tools and opportunities.
- Ensures the proper documentation, filing and the compilation of records of training courses and learning programs and regularly shares them with the hierarchical and with the functional report (HR Manager, PDM, HR Coordinator,).
- Acts as a facilitator for specific internal trainings and is responsible for the organization and support of formal trainings.
- Acting in flying role to provide L&D technical advice and support to other parts of the mission, according to the L&D set-up agreed upon.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in the field of HR, learning and development, organizational development, psychology and/ or equivalent by relevant experience.
- Previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Experience in delivering basic level training courses based on adult learning
- Excellent command of MS Office applications
- previous experience with MSF or other NGOs
- experience in coaching or training people managers
Knowledge and Skills:
Languages: Excellent level of English & Urdu (written and spoken)
Behavioral competencies: Result & quality oriented, excellent communication skills, people management, flexibility, teamwork, interculturality
Important: The position will require up to 40% of the time travelling to Islamabad and other MSF projects in Pakistan. Only applicants willing and able to travel within the country will be considered.
Training Development, Microsoft Office, Presentation Skills,