MSF-OCA is looking for an ENERGY SPECIALIST based in MSF-OCA Islamabad. MSF offers a competitive package including (salary, leaves, medical coverage, training and career) and the opportunity to work for an internationally renowned humanitarian organization.
Summary of position:
Carry out the assessments and ensure the implementation, day-to-day management and control of the technical part of projects in the energy (and HVAC if relevant) domain, in accordance with MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the project and the infrastructures and efficient use of systems and equipment.
- In collaboration with his/her managers, provide support and guidance to the field staff in order to ensure that all electrical (and HVAC if relevant) installations comply with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and the preventive and corrective maintenance is done accordingly.
- Carry out evaluations, feasibility and detailed studies of the project to present hierarchical superiors different possible solutions to the difficulties encountered in his/her area of specialization, namely the installation, construction and commissioning of electrical (and HVAC if relevant) installations. In direct contact with staff, identify project needs and manage responses of requests by establishing priorities.
- Provide support to the teams in the field in the energy (and HVAC if relevant) domain and assist in the training of project technicians to make them autonomous for preventive maintenance, basic troubleshooting and small jobs.
- Ensuring that technicians are able to implement safely procedure for themselves and user.
- Guides and supports the field teams to define and implement preventive and corrective maintenance procedures
- Raises the awareness on energy use for all staff and advices on strategies to improve safety and energy efficiency of the site.
- Provide training for technicians on appropriate use and maintenance of existing and new installations.
- Act as an itinerant support of the mission implementing proposed solutions when needed and provide managers with duly documented technical advice.
- If necessary, defines procedures and / or protocols for the proper functioning of the electrical (and HVAC if rele-vant) installations in the field.
- Performs regular inspections of the interventions and condition of the electrical (and HVAC if relevant) installations.
- Participates in the evaluation of local actors and ensures the quality of services and supplies.
- To conduct tests of the batteries as per protocols and ensure back up systems are kept in best possible environment/conditions.
- Encourages and supports MSF’s work to significantly reduce carbon emissions and environmental degradation by promoting and facilitating use of durable energy efficient technologies inside of the organization.
- Able to calculate GHG reduction due to Solar yeild and energy efficient gadgets selction.
Requirements for the position:
Education: Essential secondary education and technical diploma electrical or technical university degree in Electrical engineering, mechanical and/or electricity domain.
Experience: Essential at least two year of working experience in logistics related activities in the concerning specialty.
Desirable previous experience with MSF or other INGOs, and working experience in developing countries
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Participles L2
- Behavioral Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and cooperation L3
- Stress management L3
Language: Mission language and local Pashto, Balochi (desirable).
Skills: Desirable knowledge of basic mechanics
FEMALES are highly encourage to apply.
Flexibility, Quality Orientation, Stress Management,